People tend to injure their ankles quite often. They can have a twisting motion in an unnatural manner when the foot gets planted awkwardly. There are different ways through which one can prevent ankle injury from taking place.
Here is the list of 7 exercises, which can help people prevent an ankle injury:
1. One Leg Deadlift Squat:
One leg deadlift squat is a balance exercise, which is done in the following manner:
- One should stand tall with their feet together and then raise the right foot a few inches off the floor behind them.
- Then one must keep their back flat, core completely braced, the back foot in an elevated position and push the hips back.
- The left knee must be bent as one reaches down and touch the floor with both hands.
2. Air Jack:
Air Jack is one of the exercises that help train one’s body to absorb the impact created by the force of landing in a better manner. The exercise is done in the following manner:
- One must stand tall with their feet together and the arms by their sides.
- Bend the knees, then jump up and simultaneously raise the arms and legs out to the sides.
- Make a soft landing with the feet together and arms lying at the sides.
- Immediately bend the knees to get set for the next jump.
3. Ankle Circles:
Ankle Circles is another effective exercise, which helps to prevent ankle injury. Let us look at how it is performed:
- First, sit on the ground with the legs bent in front
- Then cross one leg over another to perform circles slowly with the ankle that is raised.
- The circles must be done in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions to get the maximum benefit.
4. Ankle Alphabet:
It helps in working the range of motion in one’s ankle. One just needs to sit in a similar position as the previous exercise, Ankle Circles and write down the letters of the alphabet in the air.
5. Calf Raises:
This exercise is done in the following manner:
- Stand with your feet, hip-width apart
- Shift the weight onto the toes
- Slowly raise the heels off the ground
6. Raising Shins:
This is how the exercise is done:
- One must raise their toes instead of the heels off the ground
- Have good control while raising the toes up and down, so as to avoid the ankles and toes from getting rolled in.
7. Balance On One Leg:
This exercise helps in providing strength to the ankles. It gets done in the following manner:
- Stand on one foot, slightly bend the knee on which you are standing and hold for 30 seconds.
- You could begin to shake
- This is a signal that the muscles are working perfectly
This balancing on one leg is one of the most useful exercises for people to avoid ankle injuries. For any queries, talk to our foot experts today. Book an appointment or call us at 03330991133